Sunday, April 13, 2014

Back to Durban

So I started my journey back to South Africa. I met with Declan for dinner and then took off to the airport. No problems in Kathmandu. I decided I would leave the airport in Dubai. I am glad I did but I basically just walked around the entire airport to the terminal I needed. It was really good getting some exercise. When I told people I want to walk to the other terminal they kept telling me I needed a cab. It was a longish walk. I Would guess about 5km total. I would guess the people driving by were confused. I was walking on big highways a lot of the time sometimes with no sidewalk. I was glad to get the walk in. The airport here is really nice. 


Dubai



The views from the plane window were impressive as we flew out of Dubai. Lots if huge buildings and some impressive water. Then you fly just a little but and it's just desert land. 

Emirates air flights are quite nice. The plane is far from Full. I have my own row of three chairs to myself. I have about 13 hours of flights and 7 Hours of layovers. It makes for a really long travel day. I think my sleep schedule might be a little off despite the fact that it is only
About four hours from what I am used too. Luckily My sleep habits are anything but normal as it is so I will make due. 

I got into Durban but my bag didn't come with me. Luckily the next day they were able to deliver my bag so no harm really done. I had to buy some toiletries but I will use those eventually anyway. 

Birthday dinner with Amy at Unity

Brandon and Ted some of the peace Corp volunteers. 

Sunset

Another dinner with peace corp volunteers. Great Indian food



The day after getting in was my birthday and also the day I would meet up with Amy. I took a taxi and then a bus to get to the hostel we are staying at. It went really smoothly. The transport here is really good  it's just a matter of figuring out where to pick things up. My birthday was one of my best ever. We really hung out for most the day and then met some friends at Unity bar and had dinner. It was great food. 

Today the plan is a market an then the beach. I have had a chance to travel in South Africa so don't feel so pushed to do so many things. It's a change of pace. I really am enjoying. 

The last couple days have gone my so quickly but we have done pretty little comparatively. We spend the afternoon on the beach today and it was a perfect day. 

Amy's friend Aly came in and we spent the next day in Durban. We spent the time going to a market. We had an interesting time trying to find it but made it eventually. We have been eating really great good. It's been a great time In general. It was the en of the month and I guess a lot of people get paid wether from their job or from the governed do the line for ATMs are hours long. 

We rented a car an are now headed somewhere. I actually have no clue where. Amy is running this show and so I am not really asking questions. I am along for the ride. Which is nice actually. 


No comments:

Post a Comment