Monday, March 24, 2014

Muktinah to Jomsom

We left Muktinah at around 8 this morning and immediately had incredible views of Jharkot. The hiking today is mostly downhill so we are just enjoying it at a leisurely pace.

Jharkot 





Guy carrying thorn bushes

We stopped for lunch at kagbeni. The area is famous for growing apples and peaches. The lunch place we are eating at overlooks the town. Food is cheaper. I ordered lasagna and it's 300 rupee or
$3. 

Me and Deklan Kagbeni

Kagbeni


We made it into Jomsom but came in I. A bit of a rain storm. My Irish friend felt right at home. The cit is really quite big. It even has am airport. It's the ending point for many but sits about 140km of the 210km trail. We dropped another 1100 meters today. It's nice being at lower altitudes. I slept through the night for the first time on four nights and didn't wake up short of breathe. 

Jomsom isn't so Much to speak of other than it vein big. It still has some nice mountains surrounding it but we can't really see them due to the rain. The place we are atating is nice. It has a heater I parked myself by for the last couple hours. It's been a relaxing time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment