Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Angkor wat and Angkor Thom

We went to Angkor wat and it lived up to its reputation for sure. The temples really are incredible. We had a great time walking around and checking them out. The temple areas a huge. We went to Angkor Thom and whiting the walls are probably a dozen temples. One was Bayon. It was maybe my favorite. There are huge faces everywhere in the temple. Not tons to write about. They really are breathtaking. 

After the temples we went and got foot massages and grabbed dinner and ice cream. It was Jared's last night and so we went and got some souvenirs. He got some cool things. He got a gain statue that probably weighs twenty five pounds. 

It was really amazing to have Jared out here. I loved getting out and doing some climbing. He has been a great example for me and has been really great friend. I am certainly grateful for him taking the time to come out and climb and hang out. I have been lucky to have such frat people in my life. 







Angkor wat from another temple


Bayon has 126 faces throughout it. 




Sunset by the river at siem reap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment