Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Another country I didn't spend enough time in

We are leaving the island on a boat that is probably double the actual capacity for the boat. We are laying on roof in the front of the boat. Man can they pile people on these things. It's like a cattle car inside. The island, tidung, was amazing. The weather was great. Couldn't ask for much more. 

Last sunset on the island. 

Playing around waiting for sunset

Brandt covering up



Last night in Indonesia and it has been a great trip. We had the best tour guides ever in Maudy and Oly. We saw some beautiful parts of the country and met some great people. 

View from the hotel

So i met a guy in koh phi phi that had been Nepal and it got me thinking that I probably also would like to go to Nepal. There is a hike called the Annapurna circuit that is really quite intense. So I start researching it some and looking ok to the logistics of it all. Anyway we get dropped at the hotel we are staying at here for our last night in indo and he is standing there. It was crazy. We caught up And played some pool and I asked him all about it. He has some friends there that he might send me too and so I think I Might look into doing it. It is pretty intense. It is 128 miles of hiking over 2-3 weeks with peaks going up to 18k feet. It was cool to catch up with him. Super cool guy actually from Utah and more then willing to impart knowledge and send me in the directions of some friends he made there. Really cool story himself. I really love meeting people and finding out what drives them. He is a firm believer the self learning is the only kind of real learning. I like the notion. He is a self taught computer programmer who has an opportunity to Work with some really great companies. He said he has always felt like he would only work a job that he felt unqualified for. It's an interesting way to learn. It has worked pretty well for him so far. It was cool to hang out with him. 

We leave Indonesia tomorrow. Sad but I am Excited to climb. The next couple months are going to be a whirl wind of stuff. I am excited for it. 

Made it to the gate and will be in a plane back to Bangkok in a couple hours. Indonesia was too quick. Maudy and Oly really made the trip for us. It was very nice to have the. Take us to the airport and have a last meal before they took off.

 Last supper

Airplane traffic jam

Awesome sunset over Indonesia as we left

No comments:

Post a Comment