Friday, January 10, 2014

Flying to krabi and hanging out in tonsai

Jared came in today! I am really excited. We had a fun first day. But I am getting ahead of myself. We got back to Bangkok and went Mae's. It was so Great seeing them. I have the best Thai family. Thing were kind of crazy. Mae was excited about the pictures she saw of us jumping off the bridge. Excited or upset. It's hard to tell. She is so funny. I love them. 





The flight got in late and I got to the house later than I though. I really didn't sleep until 1 and had to get I at 4:45. Everything went well with getting Jared. We went back to Mae's and I introduced him to the family. Then we went out to Bangkok. We only really had today in Bangkok so I wanted to make the best of it. We went to The grand palace, wat pho and wat Arun. Lots of walking but they are seriously incredible. 








Tuk tuk ride

We flew into krabi and stayed at slumber party hostel. The same place I stayed in Ao nang. This was the place where  they had the pub crawls. We got in and took a shuttle bus to the hostel. Luckily we were the first ones off. Unluckily our bags were on he bottom of a huge stack of luggage. We got them and got checked in. Jared woke up and went on a short six mile run. I am not kidding. Six miles is short to him. 

He got back and we headed to tonsai. It's so beautiful. Getting to tonsai you  pass these massive limestone cliffs. We get checked into a bungalow. I guess I was kind of stoked on the place. Not luxury by any means but it has it's charms. I think he was a little taken back at first but was pretty excited too.  It is a bed with a mosquito net and a a fan on a chair. The bungalow is made of like a weaved material. You kick in the walls without much effort. On the window outside it says. "Ping pong show every night. Group rates apply" in chalk. It's pretty perfect. So we headed out to climb. There is no power in our room from six to six which is a powerful motivator to get out. 



We got on a couple climbs today. They were both about 5.11d. For being out of shape and coming off injury. I was happy. Not to say I climbed well though. I can't say my foot bothered me too much. I was glad for that. 

Tonight we grabbed some dinner and hung out on the beach for a while. There was a snake show which was really fun. The guy was playing with a king cobra and had three mangrove snakes out at once. It was fun. He caught snakes with his mouth. He kissed the cobra. It was dun to watch. The beach here in tonsai is fun at night. Now we are getting massages. I got a foot massage. They are always enjoyable. 




Tomorrow we are doing a climb called humanity I think. It's a five pitch 300 foot climb. We will also climb burnt offerings which is one of my favorite climbs I have ever been on and it a really tough climb. Things are really good. I am excited to be here and have Jared here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment